Global for your LMS
What is ‘Global for your LMS’?
This is content that has been taken from the Global eWorkbooks, made available for online delivery, and compatible for use in an institutional LMS (Learning Management System). It will run on the majority of currently available LMSs, such as Moodle, Blackboard and Sakai.
What are the advantages of using ‘Global for your LMS’?
1. The Global eWorkbook content is available to your students anywhere they can access your institutional LMS, all they need to access the content is a web browser.
2. Easily support multiple users, without having to purchase a separate physical copy of the eWorkbook for each, and without the stress of multiple installs across a number of computers.
3. ‘Global for your LMS’ interfaces directly with the markbook in the LMS, so teachers have full access to view their students’ progress.
4. An instant bank of high quality, pedagogically-sound interactive ELT content for your LMS. In addition, if you are using Global as a course textbook, the content perfectly complements the work the students will be doing on their English course.
What’s included with ‘Global for your LMS’?
When you sign-up to a yearly subscription, you get access to content for ALL SIX levels of Global.
You need to choose one of our three content packages, depending on what content you would like to offer your users:
How much does it cost?
You need to decide:
(1) Which content package you’d like access to (Bronze, Silver or Gold)
(2) How many students are going to use this content each month?
Once you have this information, simply look up the price in the table below:
NOTE: Prices are for a 12 month subscription.
If you require numbers in excess of 1,000 please contact your local Macmillan representative.
I’m interested. What do I do now?
If you are interested in using ‘Global for your LMS’, follow these 3 steps:
We have setup our own Macmillan LMS (running on Moodle V.1.9), and have added in the Global Beginner level content for you to have a look at. This is a fully-working demo, and you can try all the activity types.
Use these details to login to the demo:
Try the Global LMS content on your own LMS. Visit the Demo Request page on this website and fill in your details. You will be sent access instructions for a free one month demo of all SIX levels of Global, during which you can test the functionality of the software, and ensure there are no compatibility issues with your LMS. You MUST trial ‘Global for your LMS’ before purchasing.
If you have already tried the demo and would like to purchase now, please proceed to the Order page and fill in your details. (alternatively contact your local Macmillan representative who will be able to help you with your order).